Blenders are very useful appliances in your kitchen. Contrary to the popular belief, they are not just used for making smoothies and milkshakes. Blenders have many other surprising uses which very few people know about. Once such use is its utility in making whipped cream! Who doesn’t love fresh homemade whipped cream on cakes and desserts? The answer is no one! If you don’t have time for a fancy dessert, just take whipped cream in a cup with a spoon; it makes a perfect, delicious dessert in itself! The general belief is that you will need a hand mixer to whip cream and if you don’t have one, you will have to whip it with hand which takes at least 20 minutes and a lot of manpower. If you have a blender, no need to whip cream by hand. Blender does the job just as good as a hand mixer. Hand blender, or countertop blender, no matter which one you own, you can use it to whip cream.
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- 2 heaped tablespoons of granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
If you have a countertop blender:
- Put all the whipping cream in the jug and whip on high for about 30 seconds or until soft peaks form.
- Open the lid of the jar and add sugar. You can also add vanilla extract if you please. It is entirely up to your taste.
- Put the lid back and whip further until peaks that form hold their shape.
- You will have to keep turning the blender off and checking the cream to avoid over-blending.
- When the texture of your whipped cream is as desired, take it out and serve it in a serving bowl or use it as a topping in cakes and other desserts.
If you have a hand blender:
- You can use the mixing bowl provided with your hand blender for whipping your cream.
- Put cream in the bowl and whip on high for 30 seconds or until soft peaks form.
- If you have a whipping attachment with your hand blender, use that to get best results. If not, you can use the normal blending attachment. It will do the job just fine.
- Turn the blender off and add sugar and flavoring like whipped cream to the mixing bowl.
- Immerse the blender back in the cream and whip further until peaks that form hold their shape.
- Your whipped cream is ready to be served or used in another recipe.
If you don’t have a blender, get it now from https://blenderreviews.io/ and see how many delicious recipes you can use it to make! You can also make too many recipes for baby with your blender. Besides making whipped cream, your hand blender can be used in many other exciting ways as well. You can even whisk your egg in your blender before making an omelet; it will enhance the taste and the texture. You can also use it to puree baby food.